Apple is tweaking.
Update: Added new features seen in iOS 15.4b3.
Last night Apple released the third beta version of its new iPhone program, iOS 15.4. A new beta for iPadOS 15.4 is also available, as well as a new beta for watchOS 8.5. Same for tvOS 15.4.
Here is what has been detected as changes for iOS 15.4 beta 3:
- Emergency calls: when starting an iPhone for the first time, the emergency call functionality is presented with an invitation to check the corresponding settings, including the choice of contact for the emergency call
- Apple Podcasts: addition of filters to better navigate among the episodes and podcasts followed
In any case, iOS 15.4 should bring a lot of new features, as seen below, in our list of changes already detected in previous test iterations of the OS:
- Tap to Pay: New tools available for developers to take advantage of a notable new feature. It’s about being able to transform the iPhone into a contactless payment terminal . Your iPhone will soon be able to be used to make you pay by credit card for example. A useful feature for professionals, self-employed in particular, but also small businesses and self-employed beginners
- Driver’s license and ID card in Maps: Some lines of the iOS 15.4 beta 2 source code mention the possibility of integrating driver’s license and ID card in the Maps application (in the United States in a first place). This is a novelty presented during the introduction of iOS 15 in 2021, announced for 2022, but still not available on iPhone
- Important privacy bug fix: Apple has permanently fixed a security flaw that allowed the company’s servers to receive audio recordings from Siri and Dictation, even if the user had not allowed the information to be shared
- Apple TV and Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi hotspot connections made easier with iPhone. The latter can manage the access configuration maneuver before handing over to Apple TV once the internet connection has been established
- Notes: customization of left or right swipe gestures to create a quick note or take a screenshot, for example
- iPhone 13 Pro: access to 120 Hz is now more open to third-party developers
- Resale: Apple seems to be preparing a tool to scan iPhones for trade-in , as noted in the code for this beta
- Face ID: can now be unlocked even while wearing a mask or glasses, with two options that are offered to the user (classic Face ID unlocking or unlocking with mask)
- Universal control : the Universal Control tool is finally operational
- Apple TV: Choosing what appears in the Up Next section
- iCloud Keychain : add notes next to your passwords
- Keyboard: possibility to add a shortcut to change the brightness of your keyboard for iPad (Magic Keyboard) within the Control Center
- Emojis : 37 additional emoticons, also available on watchOS 8.5 and other new iPad OS and Apple TV
- SharePlay : now accessible directly from Apple Music
- Apple Card : new widget showing balance and expenses
- Maps : Integration of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates
- Shortcuts : enable or disable the notification that appears when a custom automation triggers
- Mail: adding custom domains from the iPhone (accessible to iCloud+ paid service subscribers)
- ProMotion: possibility to enjoy it from all applications on iPhones that allow it
- Third- party controllers: management of the adaptive triggers of Sony’s DualSense PS5 gamepads
If you noticed any notable changes moving from iOS 15.4 beta 2 to 15.4 beta 3, please let us know!