What to inspire Apple for its next mobiles?
Recently, Samsung has a new range of high-end smartphones: the S22 series. The latter is carried by the S22 Ultra, the largest Samsung smartphone of the new trio, the best equipped, the most beautiful according to some, but also, and above all, the most expensive.
With the release of the S22 in any case, it may be interesting to look at what were the last significant choices of the Korean manufacturer. With perhaps specificities that would be the envy of iPhone users, including the following 5:
- Edge-to-edge display: The latest iPhone 13 has reduced bezels compared to previous generations. But its screen covers only 86% of the front face. The S22 Ultra does better and is close to 90%. The difference between the two devices is not huge. But in fact, by comparing them face to face, we cannot deny that these 4% more for the screen of the S22 Ultra pleasantly tickle the retina
- Discreet facial recognition: the Samsung S22 Ultra does not display a notch on the front, but a small black hole used both for the camera and for analyzing faces. So we can be used to the notch on iPhone, but we must admit that it is not the most practical, even less on Mac
- Fingerprint sensor under the screen: Apple, on its iPhones, has simply replaced Touch ID with Face ID. On iPad, the fingerprint sensor moved to the power button on some models. We would like to take advantage of Touch ID and Face ID at the same time on iPhone, both being more or less practical to use depending on the case. We are therefore still waiting for this fingerprint sensor under the screen on the iPhone. Although, according to the latest news, Apple has abandoned the idea
- Integrated stylus: the S22 Ultra has a stylus slot in the shell, which you can therefore simply pull out and thus be more comfortable on your large screen. Personally, I don’t want a stylus on iPhone. Despite everything, it is obvious that this accessory makes the use of large-screen terminals much easier for certain audiences, including those with motor disorders, or the elderly more generally.
- Headphones provided: Samsung had the good idea to offer a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro wireless headphones with any purchase of an S22 series smartphone. We can always dream of the idea of seeing Apple offer AirPods Pro for the purchase of an iPhone…
Everyone is the judge of whether or not to consider these points as advantages for Samsung and its S22 Ultra. The debate is open in comments. However, there is less to discuss when it comes to the performance and battery life of the two smartphones. In both cases, the iPhone is the big winner of the duel. And this is valid both for the Snapdragon version of the new Samsung terminal, and for its Exynos version .